[gdal-dev] extract from geopdf with transparency

Clay, Bruce bclay at infoscitex.com
Wed Jun 17 08:10:57 PDT 2020

We have a GeoPDF file that contains multiple layers, base layer plus several transparent overlays and some vectors.

We can pull each or all image layers and the vector layers from the PDF and save them in separate files.  We cannot get the transparent image layers to extract and keep their transparency.

Is there a way to extract image layers and keep their transparency?  We have tried extracting as tif, jpeg, png and none of them work.  The gif driver only supports single band images .  While the layer we are trying to extract is a stroke text overlay and should only be one color it still will not extract the image

Bruce