[gdal-dev] Problems loading swedish climate data to PostGIS

Thiemo Kellner thiemo at gelassene-pferde.biz
Tue Jun 23 00:27:36 PDT 2020

Hi

I am new to spacial data processing. For a project of mine I try to
load swedish climate data in to my PostGIS installation running/using
an openSUSE Tumbleweed installation.

I downloaded the data from
https://www.smhi.se/pd/klimat/rcp_scenario/scid/SCID_v4.0.gdb.zip
unzipped it and tried to load the data by

ogr2ogr –f "PostgreSQL" \
         -overwrite \
         –progress \
          --config PG_USE_COPY YES \
          "PG:host='/var/run/postgresql' port='6543' dbname='sverige'
user='sverige'" \
          SCID_v4.0.gdb/gdb

But I receive the error "Unable to open datasource `PostgreSQL' with
the following drivers." (Find the full error message at the bottom.

I tried to outsmart by workaround over shp file

ogr2ogr –f "ESRI Shapefile" \
         -overwrite \
         –progress \
          SCID_v4.0.gdb/gdb.shp \
          SCID_v4.0.gdb/gdb

but have been thwarted receiving the analogous error there too.

I would appreciate help a great deal.

Kind regards

Thiemo

FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `PostgreSQL' with the following drivers.
   -> `PCIDSK'
   -> `netCDF'
   -> `PDS4'
   -> `JP2OpenJPEG'
   -> `PDF'
   -> `MBTiles'
   -> `EEDA'
   -> `ESRI Shapefile'
   -> `MapInfo File'
   -> `UK .NTF'
   -> `OGR_SDTS'
   -> `S57'
   -> `DGN'
   -> `OGR_VRT'
   -> `REC'
   -> `Memory'
   -> `BNA'
   -> `CSV'
   -> `NAS'
   -> `GML'
   -> `GPX'
   -> `KML'
   -> `GeoJSON'
   -> `GeoJSONSeq'
   -> `ESRIJSON'
   -> `TopoJSON'
   -> `Interlis 1'
   -> `Interlis 2'
   -> `OGR_GMT'
   -> `GPKG'
   -> `SQLite'
   -> `ODBC'
   -> `WAsP'
   -> `PGeo'
   -> `MSSQLSpatial'
   -> `PostgreSQL'
   -> `MySQL'
   -> `OpenFileGDB'
   -> `XPlane'
   -> `DXF'
   -> `CAD'
   -> `Geoconcept'
   -> `GeoRSS'
   -> `GPSTrackMaker'
   -> `VFK'
   -> `PGDUMP'
   -> `OSM'
   -> `GPSBabel'
   -> `SUA'
   -> `OpenAir'
   -> `OGR_PDS'
   -> `WFS'
   -> `WFS3'
   -> `HTF'
   -> `AeronavFAA'
   -> `Geomedia'
   -> `EDIGEO'
   -> `GFT'
   -> `SVG'
   -> `CouchDB'
   -> `Cloudant'
   -> `Idrisi'
   -> `ARCGEN'
   -> `SEGUKOOA'
   -> `SEGY'
   -> `XLS'
   -> `ODS'
   -> `XLSX'
   -> `ElasticSearch'
   -> `Walk'
   -> `Carto'
   -> `AmigoCloud'
   -> `SXF'
   -> `Selafin'
   -> `JML'
   -> `PLSCENES'
   -> `CSW'
   -> `VDV'
   -> `GMLAS'
   -> `MVT'
   -> `TIGER'
   -> `AVCBin'
   -> `AVCE00'
   -> `NGW'
   -> `HTTP'

--
S/MIME Public Key: https://oc.gelassene-pferde.biz/index.php/s/eJuAUFONag6ofnH
Signal (Safer than WhatsApp): +49 1578 7723737