[gdal-dev] Oracle Spatial Driver: Is it possible to append features to a table?

Kreß, Marius KressM at eba.bund.de
Wed Nov 11 07:07:41 PST 2020

Dear GDAL developers and users,

I want to write contour polygons into an Oracle Spatial database. Because the area is quite large, I would like to calculate them in smaller boxes and write them into the table one after the other. But as far as I can see, it is not possible to append features to a table. You can only create a new one, overwrite or truncate it. Even if I first write it into a shapefile and then try to write it in the database with ogr2ogr, it ignores the -append and -update options.

Is it correct that it doesn't work or did I miss anything? Do you know a better solution?

Thanks for your help,

Marius Kress