[gdal-dev] GDAL conda build

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Nov 16 04:54:26 PST 2020

On 2020-11-11 9:00 a.m., Jon Morris wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your reply. The only reason we're trying to build locally is
> to add FileGDB support - if there is a better way to add FileGDB write
> support to conda-forge GDAL, I'd love to hear it! The GDAL docs are very
> out of date when it comes to building on Windows - the "GDAL Windows
> Building example for Plugins" links to
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows
> <https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows>.

Hi Jon,

For 10+ years we maintained the FileGDB build steps for Windows etc at
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FileGDB

In general, as a person compiling GDAL, you should bookmark the
priceless "BuildHints" wiki page, see the "External Library" section
where various driver compile howtos are listed, at
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildHints

(you can see how for users compiling drivers that a wiki is a lifeline,
recording build steps that may be 5 years old and 'stale', yet
containing valuable information to the user)

Please consider recording your steps as well, for other users, as you
travel down this path.

Thanks!

-jeff

--