[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr is not working for a geojson file

Wuyyuru Ravi Teja Krishna ravitejakrishna.w at zohocorp.com
Tue Nov 24 06:11:08 PST 2020

Hi,

      I have tried converting the file in Centos and Macos but I am facing an error as said below. I have analyzed and found that the issue occurs only when there is no properties data in geojson file. I have generated jars and library files using the java bindings of gdal. Is there any dependency that i might have missed cause this issue occurs only for these type of files (i.e with no properties data). Can someone help me in solving this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Teja

---- On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:02:24 +0530 Wuyyuru Ravi Teja Krishna <ravitejakrishna.w at zohocorp.com> wrote ----

Hi team,

      I am using ogr2ogr with java bindings for conversion of a geojson file to a csv file, But I am getting an error as specified below.

ERROR 10: Pointer 'panMap' is NULL in 'OGR_F_SetFrom'.

Unable to translate feature 0 from layer map_sample

Terminating translation prematurely after failed

translation of layer map_sample (use -skipfailures to skip errors)

ogr2ogr is invoked as below

java -cp :gdal.jar -Djava.library.path=libs/ ogr2ogr "-s_srs" "CRS:84" "-t_srs" "CRS:84" "-f" "CSV" proplesscsv.csv map_sample.geojson  "-lco" "GEOMETRY=AS_WKT"

I have also attached the sample file I was working with this mail. Kindly help me in this conversion failure.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Teja