[gdal-dev] Problem writing with ODS and XLSX drivers

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at comhem.se
Sat Sep 12 08:20:29 PDT 2020

Hi everyone

I am experiencing an odd and stubborn problem when trying to export
attribute tables from both shp and spatialite to ods or xlsx. ogr2ogr
finishes work silently with no reported errors but the generated output
files cannot be opened with Libreoffice, which says the file is
corrupted and is even unable to repair it.

The input files are good from what I can see using QGIS and OGR but it
is clear that something isn't right in my installation, my procedure or
somewhere else. I am missing something? Have other users experienced this?

I am using GDAL/OGR 3.1.2 in openSUSE Tumbleweed, compiled against expat
2.2.9-1.12 (devel packages installed too, of course).

Any hint is appreciated!

Hernán