[gdal-dev] Create big COG file (C++)

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Mon Sep 14 10:26:44 PDT 2020

Hi

I want to create a big (I mean bigger than my RAM size) COG file in C++
with GDAL 3.1.
COG driver does not have the "Create()" method, but "CreateCopy()". I am
not sure how I have to do it. Should I Create() first the dataset with the
MEM driver, write on it, and then call the CreateCopy with the COG driver?
(by the way, before closing the MEM dataset? Is then everything copied?) I
am afraid that everything is stored in memory while I am using the MEM
driver. Or should I use a normal GTiff dataset, and then CreateCopy() with
the COG driver? Or anything else?

Thank you,
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.