[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt files not recognized

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 07:58:06 PST 2021

I think that wildcard expansion has been an on and off problem with some of
the GDAL utilities on Windows. If you Google "gdalbuildvrt wildcard
expansion" you'll find at least three tickets, the most recent of which is:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1749
I think the safest and easiest is to use a file list if you're on Windows.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 3:51 AM Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 at 23:22, Simon Shak <skunkmyrddyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > However, your suggestion to check the filelist.txt file has found the
> error.  Somehow a trailing space was before the CRLF and caused it to not
> recognize the file.
>
> There also could be an issue if there are spaces in file names.
> I don't know if gdalbuildvrt can handle those on all platforms.
>
> Best regards,
> --

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com