[gdal-dev] Python Wheels for gdal

Idan Miara idan at miara.com
Tue Feb 23 06:13:19 PST 2021

Hi Rob,

Good point.
I don't know - I've added Christoph to this thread.
Christoph - can you share with us any build scripts or source file changes
you make in order to build these wheels?

I was able to combine the cp37+cp38+cp39 from Christoph's wheels for each
platform by extracting the wheel files and repacking them in a single wheel
per platform using a custom setup.py+setup.cfg
The pyd files are very small so the overhead in wheel size is negligible.
https://github.com/talos-gis/gdal-win
Running build_all.bat creates:
gdal-3.2.1-py37.py38.py39-none-win_amd64.whl
gdal-3.2.1-py37.py38.py39-none-win32.whl
(Note that this batch does not build the sources, just repacks the wheels)

Idan.