[gdal-dev] New JPEG 2000 Driver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Feb 27 12:03:50 PST 2021

Folks,

The GDAL driver code would need to be licensed the same as the rest of GDAL
(which I see from the PR is the case).

It is fine for the Grok library to be under the AGPL as long as it is an
optional dependency of GDAL.  Folks who are prepared to comply with it's
license can enable it at build time.

While I'm somewhat sad about further complexification of the GDAL JPEG2000
landscape, I do not see a fundamental reason not to add a Grok based
driver.   That said, it would require a GDAL committer interested in
addressing the PR.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | +1 650-701-7823