[gdal-dev] Transformer from & to Control Points in Map CS

Brendan Heberlein bheberlein at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 18 11:33:59 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone may help me understand how to accomplish this with GDAL (Python API preferred):

I would like to create a custom Transformer, based on control points which associate (map_x1, map_y1)​ with (map_x2, map_y2)​. The projection is the same for both sets of points.

This transformer needs to transform point coordinates, although ideally I could warp raster data as well. I would like to use TPS or cubic interpolation.

What is the best way to do this?

Will the standard GCP transformer work? I understand it expects GCPs that associate (image_x, image_y)​ with (map_x, map_y)​.

Thanks!

     — Brendan