[gdal-dev] New JPEG 2000 Driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 3 12:31:12 PST 2021

Hi,
> https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc34_license_policy.html

As indicated in the top of the RFC, its status is "development" (draft),
which here means stalled/non-adopted given that it was proposed long
time ago. So there's no runtime mechanism to control license compatibility.

> But, I'm worried about something different.  As a packager, I'd like to
> know that unless I take the affirmative step of passing --enable-foo,
> for any GPLish or proprietary foo, I won't end up with a gdal build
> linked with foo just because it happened to be present in my build
> environment.

This should normally be the case. One of the few GPL dependencies is
Poppler and must be explicitly enabled with --with-poppler . Similarly
with MySQL. All proprietary dependencies need also to be explicitly
enabled AFAIK (you actually need to point to their SDK).

GEOS (LGPL) is enabled by default is found.

Even