[gdal-dev] About gdal RasterizeLayer

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue May 4 12:41:06 PDT 2021

Hi,

I tried if someone who don't know Python could do about the same with
gdal_rasterize https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_rasterize.html and I had some
success.

gdal_rasterize -dialect sqlite -sql "select st_buffer(geometry,0.01) from
states" -burn 100 -of GTIFF -ot byte -tr 0.1 0.1 -add states.shp
testburn.tif

I used byte type and burn value 100 for making quick visible result. The
default type is Float64 and it has room for much more overlapping geometries
than two.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Frank Warmerdam wrote