[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 81: support for coordinate epochs in geospatial formats

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Thu May 13 12:20:41 PDT 2021

My two cents:

About NGS / NOAA, I know that the new CRS they are preparing for 2022 it
clearly time dependent. I attended an online conference (oriented to
surveyors) last year about it, and they insisted a lot on the time variable
and plates drift.
There are some of them in the PROJ mailing list (maybe here as well) -there
was a discussion about including some grid files in PROJ-data-. Maybe
involving them in this topic may produce more traction.

Cheers,
Javier
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3827 )