[gdal-dev] RPC to geotransform converting

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed May 19 03:48:48 PDT 2021

You mean the HEIGHT_OFFSET parameter in the RPC ? Yes, that can
generally be used as a first-order correction if you don't use a DEM.
I'm not sure using it vs not-using it has been a deliberate choice. One
could say that with the current behavior people know that something is
wrong and must thus set something additional. There was a related
discussion in https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/36385. A non breaking
change would be to make -to RPC_HEIGHT=HEIGHT_OFFSET work