[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.x and AutoCAD GeoTIFF georeferencing

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Oct 7 12:59:24 PDT 2021

Kirk,

the download link doesn't work.

GDAL 3.3 will use geotiff 1.1 conventions by default when a compound CRS
is used. You may try adding -co GEOTIFF_VERSION=1.0 to force GeoTIFF 1.0.

When reading a GeoTIFF 1.1 file, GDAL will report the compoundCRS. For
GeoTIFF 1.0 files, you need to specify --config |GTIFF_REPORT_COMPD_CS
YES (see https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/gtiff.html#configuration-options)|

Autocad users should ideally report that to their vendor so they add
support for GeoTIFF 1.1 (or maybe the issue is not much the change of
the version number, but that we stripped down the formulation of geokeys
to the minimum to avoid specifying things twice and the risk of
contradiction)

Even