[gdal-dev] Simple features/sql-mm and bezier/elliptical curves

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Oct 12 02:52:00 PDT 2021

Hi Nyall,

 From what I'm aware of that is closely related:

- The OGC Simple Features spec has a ongoing revision in
https://www.ogc.org/standards/requests/238?utm_source=phplist820&utm_medium=email&utm_content=HTML&utm_campaign=OGC+seeks+public+comment+on+draft+Simple+Features+2021+standard
, but it doesn't introduce new geometry types

- The OGC Features and Geometries JSON SWG has in its scope to support
more geometry types
(https://www.ogc.org/projects/groups/featgeojsonswg), with this mention
"In the future OGC Features and Geometries JSON may be extended include
more complex geometries such as curves with non-linear interpolation"

Maybe you could raise that on
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/standards/ too

Even