[gdal-dev] gdal_translate drops XMP exif tags

Tom O'Reilly oreilly at mbari.org
Mon Aug 8 13:16:14 PDT 2022

Hi Javier,

As noted in my previous response, I was wrong about gdal_translate - it actually does transfer the XMP tags from the input to the output, as XMP tags.
It is a subsequent call to gdalwarp that drops the XMP tags.
I am running gdal 3.5.0

Thanks
Tom
Thomas C. O'Reilly
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, California 95039-9644
831-775-1766 (voice)
831-775-1620 (FAX)
oreilly at mbari.org (email)
http://www.mbari.org (World-wide Web)

"The machine does not isolate us from the great mysteries
of nature, but plunges us more deeply into them."

- ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPERY
"Wind, Sand, and Stars" (1939)