[gdal-dev] autoconf and nmake build systems ready to be removed

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Wed Aug 10 04:02:33 PDT 2022

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022, Even Rouault wrote:

> I've just merged the pull request removing them
>
> Even
>
> Le 21/07/2022 à 22:12, Even Rouault a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Great news: the final step of the CMake migration (checklist in
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/5680), the removal of the autoconf and
>> nmake build systems (https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/6110) is now ready
>> to be merged.
>>
>> Are there people who track GDAL master and still use autoconf/nmake and
>> would need some grace period to complete their transition to cmake ?
>>
>> Even

Conda builds on github seem to be failing because of this:

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/runs/7750261228?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:540
Preparing transaction: ...working... done
Verifying transaction: ...working... done
Executing transaction: ...working... done
./ci/travis/conda/setup.sh: line 8: ./autogen.sh: No such file or directory
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

autogen.sh was removed by Evan's pull.

I see this on Ubuntu and MacOS builds on Github.

Who is preparing Conda to drop automake and commit to cmake ?

Thanks,

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew at aitchison.me.uk