[gdal-dev] libtiff v4.5.0 rc2 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Dec 13 12:39:12 PST 2022

Hi,

The changes in IFD loop detection are non-trivial enough to justify a
rc2, so here it is:

- https://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.5.0rc2.tar.gz
- https://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.5.0rc2.tar.gz.sig
- https://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.5.0rc2.tar.xz
- https://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.5.0rc2.tar.xz.sig
- https://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.5.0rc2.zip
- https://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.5.0rc2.zip.sig

Hopefully this will be the final release candidate for 4.5.0. Please
test and report.

The changes since rc1 are:
- restore formatting of tiffvers.h so that FindTIFF.cmake can infer
libtiff version number
- addition of TIFFLIB_MAJOR_VERSION, TIFFLIB_MINOR_VERSION,
TIFFLIB_MICRO_VERSION in tiffvers.h
- introduction of TIFFLIB_AT_LEAST(major, minor, micro) macro in tiffvers.h
- CMake: restore BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON default setting for top-level builds
- IFD loop detection: changed algorithm to use a hashset/hashmap for
good performance
- tdir_t type updated to uint32_t. This type is now used for the return
value of TIFFCurrentDirectory and TIFFNumberOfDirectories, and as the
argument of TIFFSetDirectory and TIFFUnlinkDirectory
- Increase the maximum number of IFDs that libtiff can browse through
from 65535 to 1048576. This value is a build-time setting, available in
tif_config.h, that can be configured with CMake's TIFF_MAX_DIR_COUNT and
variable or autoconf's --with-max-dir-count option.
- tiffinfo: support more than 64k IFDs.

Even