[gdal-dev] GDAL, Proj and cacert

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:24:02 PST 2022

I have an application that uses GDAL with Proj Networking set on.

This is a cross platform application. It works on some platforms but on mac
(for instance) I get runtime errors like this

GDAL failure (1) PROJ: Cannot open https://cdn.proj.org/us_nga_egm96_15.tif:
error setting certificate file: xxx/cacert.pem

Proj is looking in the wrong place for the cacert file - which is in the
proj search path. I would rather avoid using environment
variables (complicated). Is there a programmatic way to set the Proj cacert
location or a default location?

currently - the following are set

Gdal.SetConfigOption("CURL_CA_BUNDLE", Path.Combine(gdalData, "cacert.pem"
));
Osr.SetPROJSearchPath(projData);
Osr.SetPROJEnableNetwork(true);