[gdal-dev] Sentinel 1 SAFE data calibration questions

Stefan Gofferje lists at home.gofferje.net
Thu Feb 24 02:41:24 PST 2022

Hi,

so the project I'm tinkering with at the moment (and what I want to
learn Python-GDAL for) is about fully automatic download and processing
of Sentinel 1 data. I'm really no big JAVA fan because it's so
resource-intensive, so I'd like to do things with GDAL alone, without SNAP.

I have seen in the docs that the Sentinel 1 driver can do some
calibration. Can it also do the Thermal Noise calibration and maybe even
Orbit File calibration? If not, is it maybe on the horizon?

-S

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263