[gdal-dev] version 2.4.4

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Sun Feb 27 04:03:46 PST 2022

Hi,

There is nobody who can take the responsibility to say that it is OK to use an unmaintained version of GDAL. Of course it was the best version with least bugs ever when it was released but it was 4 years ago. You can browse through the release notes of all the subsequent GDAL 3.x versions https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/releases and evaluate if they are important for you or not. Patching 2.4.4 with cherry picked changes from 3.x series does not feel reasonable or at least not any easier than to prepare to upgrade into supported 3.x.

-Jukka Rahkonen-