[gdal-dev] Ogr2ogr taking too much time to process a MapInfo TAB file

Moises Calzado mcalzado at carto.com
Wed Jul 27 02:39:37 PDT 2022

Hi everyone!

We're using ogr2ogr to convert MapInfo TAB files into CSV format using the
following command:

ogr2ogr -f CSV -skipfailures -makevalid /vsistdout/ /vsizip/onLDU.zip  -oo
> AUTODETECT_TYPE=YES -lco CREATE_CSVT=YES > test_2.csv

The file weights ≈200 MB and the process is taking too much time to finish
(almost 20 min), so we don't know if we're doing something wrong regarding
the command that we launch.

[image: Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 12.55.14.png]

However, if we launch the same command against the .tab file instead of
using the vsizip virtual file system, it takes less than 30 seconds to
complete.

Have you ever seen something like this? Do you know if it's expected that
it takes too much time to process this kind of files, or we're doing
something wrong?

Thanks so much for your help in advance,
Regards!
--
*Moises Calzado*

Support Engineer