[gdal-dev] How to read a PGeo source file using GDAL 2.4

andy aborruso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 06:35:20 PDT 2022

Hi,
I have compiled GDAL to enable PGeo, and now I have it in --formats.

But if I run "ogrinfo PGeo:input.mdb", I have

ERROR 1: PGeo: MDB Tools driver not found!
Warning 1: Unable to install MDB driver for ODBC, MDB access may not
supported.
ERROR 1: Unable to initialize ODBC connection to DSN for input.mdb,
ERROR 1: PGeo: MDB Tools driver not found!
Warning 1: Unable to install MDB driver for ODBC, MDB access may not
supported.
ERROR 1: Unable to initialize ODBC connection to DSN for input.mdb

I have already installed "sudo apt-get install unixodbc odbc-mdbtools".

This is my .odbc.ini file

[sample_pgeo]
Description = Sample PGeo Database
Driver      = Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
Database    = /home/aborruso/geo/input.mdb
Trace       = Yes
TraceFile   = /home/aborruso/odbc.log

I have the same error running "ogrinfo PGeo:sample_pgeo".

How to solve this problem?

Thank you