[gdal-dev] About COG with multiple bands

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 2 01:09:51 PDT 2022

Javier,

up to now, GDAL has restricted the COG definition to pixel interleaved
organization, a bit artificially admittedly. This issue was recorded in
https://github.com/opengeospatial/CloudOptimizedGeoTIFF/issues/3 .
There's no way to efficiently extract a subset of bands with pixel
interleaved organization.

Even