[gdal-dev] Hints that a raster band represents a DEM?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 2 01:15:11 PDT 2022

Hi Nyall,

you didn't miss anything. There's no standardized metadata to figure out
if a band is DEM. A few drivers (at least USGSDEM, DTED, SRTMHGT, BLX,
BT, Leveller, Terragen, SIGDEM, HF2) convey exclusively height related
data, but most others can convey anything, often without a
distinctive/normalized way of identifying the nature of the data.

Even