[gdal-dev] Linux - bash script - Sentinel 1 processing - dark images

Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca
Mon May 9 13:18:22 PDT 2022

> Does anybody have some hints for me how to improve the exposure/contrast of the images?

This doesn't help directly with constructing any command lines you might use, but I found the "Gentle Introduction to GDAL" series by Robert Simmon very helpful in determining what to do.

Here's Part 5, Saturation and Sharpness:
https://medium.com/@robsimmon/making-sense-of-satellite-data-part-5-saturation-sharpness-e21fac6272c7

In my memory I have a similarly written article on gdal colour balancing that did have some command line examples but I can't relocate it at the moment. It annoys me that I can't reference it so I'll keep looking. ;-)

cheers,

-Matt