[gdal-dev] How to copy gdal executables and artifacts from the official gdal docker image

Haoliang Yu haoliang.yu at outlook.com
Sat Nov 12 12:24:19 PST 2022

Hi, I wonder if it is possible to copy gdal executables and artifacts from the official gdal docker image in a multi-stage build process. Essentially, I want to implement a dockerfile like this

```
// download the official gdal image
FROM osgeo/gdal:alpine-normal-3.6.0 as gdal

// this is a nodejs application that calls gdal commands
FROM node:18-alpine as app

COPY —from=gdal /path/to/gdal /path/to/gdal

// other code to install gdal dependencies and bootstrap the node application
```

Thanks

Haoliang