[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 87: Signed int8 data type for raster

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Nov 16 23:51:03 PST 2022

Hi,

Hermann Rodrigues wrote:

> I dare to say that, if we are following this path, maybe GDAL should start marketing itself as a set of command line tools and not as a
> library, given that breaking compatibility just because we can is not something a library developer should do, IMHO.

Hyperbola is a fine rhetoric device but IMHO gdal-dev mailing list is not a good forum to practice with it. You know how it goes: someone says something that is aimed to irritate, opposing party gets irritated and gives back something that is as much of no use, like "fork or write your own libraries then". I do not want to play that game. Of course it is possible that you meant what you wrote and in that case I apologize.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-