[gdal-dev] Call for discussion: RFC88: Use GoogleTest framework for C/C++ unit tests

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Nov 20 17:21:39 PST 2022

Hi Frank,

> I'm not a huge GoogleTest fan but then I'm also not saying it *worse*
> than any alternative, but the reasons are reasonably convincing, and
> I'm happy if those running and contributing tests are happy!
Just curious what you don't like with GoogleTest ?

> Should I understand from the RFC that
> https://github.com/rouault/gdal/tree/gtest implements the migration?
> (ie. we have already done the work to migrate, we just need to agree
> on it?)

Yes the implementation is ready in
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/6732 . I find it more convincing when
there's an implementation backing a RFC (it was partial when I submitted
the RFC and I finished it as the initial feedback was positive)

Even