[gdal-dev] MSSQL ODBC and password security

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at gmx.de
Fri Nov 25 07:11:52 PST 2022

Hi again,

I saw that my previous email (below) got mangled after my web-mailer newly defaults to HTML format.

Following up, I want to let you know that I now opened a PR:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/6797
in order to address the issue I encountered with login credentials on the command line, when connecting to MS SQL without TrustedConnection.

I am no C++ dev, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. On my dev setup I currently have no access to MS SQL, so I have not tested the logic yet, but plan to do so early next week.

Feedback, on the principle implementation, obvious coding mistakes or documentation and the like can be addressed also before...

Kind regards, and thanks for keeping GDAL great!

Stefan