[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC69 C/C++ Code Formatting

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Tue Nov 29 13:45:05 PST 2022

Hi Even,

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 at 16:14, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> The Big reformat commit itself
> should be done with a dedicated github account, like we did with the
> "git mv gdal/* ." tree-reorganisation to avoid unfair commit statistics.

Git supports blame-ignore files [1], which will "Ignore changes made by the
revision when assigning blame, as if the change never happened. Lines that
were changed or added by an ignored commit will be blamed on the previous
commit that changed that line or nearby lines."[2]

Which isn't in the RFC, but should definitely be used. Also means changes
don't have to be a single commit.

I don't know how it affects Github/etc statistics, but presumably it
wouldn't be too difficult to check.

Rob :)

[1]
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-config#Documentation/git-config.txt-blameignoreRevsFile