[gdal-dev] Creating a diver: specify the options to create a layer

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Dec 12 04:17:15 PST 2023

Abel Pau,

> Do I have to use the same to specify which height (in file with Z) I
> have to offer?
>
> I have three possibilities: First Z, Highest or Lowest. I want the
> usem tells me what he/she wants.
>
> How can I do that? Where can I get, then, this values?

I'm not sure to understand your question. Are those height values fields
to fill in the file header?

If so, yes you may obviously offer layer creation options to fill them.
If those values are directly related with the Z component of geometries
of features the user writes into the file, and you can edit the header
in a post processing stage (but I believe your strategy was to write
some temporary file, before the final file, so that should be possible),
you could also possibly infer them from the values of the features too.

Even