[gdal-dev] help with (docker) build workflow

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 10:08:01 PST 2023

I would like to build GDAL in an image on the basis of a dockerfile used
for CI, I'm confused by the layer process that copies the build outputs for
the final steps

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/docker/ubuntu-small/Dockerfile#L231

I want to be able to run that image and then do my own builds with cmake -
but the layer COPY process doesn't include cmake or the other prereqs used
above (to save space in the image).

Is it easy to include the build capability as a layer-copy step?

Or is this perhaps a bad idea, I'm looking for the easiest way to get a
build system running with docker - I can unpick the builder/COPY process,
but maybe I'm missing something easy.

Thank you

--
Michael Sumner