[gdal-dev] Terrain Analysis

Roa Carvajal, Camila mroa at vols.utk.edu
Tue Feb 21 08:38:58 PST 2023

Hi,

Recently I used gdaldem to compute slope and aspect from a Digital
Elevation Model. In the past I've used SAGA GIS to compute a more extensive
list of terrain parameters but it uses a large amount of memory for heavy
raster files. So I'm looking for a program (or scripts) that does the
computation with GDAL or an associated project. So far I found some of the
computations are implemented in Grass Gis.

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

This is the list of terrain parameters that SAGA computes (
https://saga-gis.sourceforge.io/saga_tool_doc/2.1.3/ta_compound_0.html):

   - Analytical Hillshading
   - Slope
   - Aspect