[gdal-dev] create ntif file with NITF_IGEOLO field set

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Feb 26 22:36:22 PST 2023

On Monday, 27 February 2023 1:27:54 AM AEDT Amadeus WM via gdal-dev wrote:
> Oh, wait, it does put IGEOLO in the output nitf, but I also get the
> warning:
>
> Warning 6: driver NITF does not support creation option IGEOLO

Clearly it does support it, since it works correctly. The message is a false
alarm in the version (perhaps Ubuntu packages?) that you are using.

I would recommend:

1. ignoring it.

If Option 1 isn't practical (e.g. it fills your logs), there are two more

2.  Upgrade gdal to at least 3.5.1. This may require also upgrading cascading
dependencies depending on your environment.

or

3. Patch your packages to include the IGEOLO creation option in the list of
those supported. That looks like:

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/frmts/nitf/nitfdataset.cpp#L7132-L7135

(although if you're just patching that part in, the "Normally automatically
set." part isn't true.)

HTH

Brad