[gdal-dev] A question of eficiency

Laurențiu Nicola lnicola at dend.ro
Mon Jul 31 06:24:19 PDT 2023

Hi,

GetFeatureCount() exists for GDAL users, not for driver writers. For example, in QGIS, you can right-click on a layer, choose "Show Feature Count" and you'll see the number of features next to the layer name.

Or, to give another example, a hypothetical application could use it to display a progress bar during its execution (e.g. "processed 1500 out of 50 000 features").

Laurentiu