[gdal-dev] Question regarding Shapefile Geo-cordinates

Vijay Kurhade vijay.kurhade at gmail.com
Wed May 10 23:53:16 PDT 2023

Hello

I am sharing a shape file and AutoCAD (.dwg) file. I have geo-coordinated
the CAD file and then converted it into .shp file using following steps:
1)      Selected ‘geographic location’ option in AutoCAD

2)      Entered latitude (18.5652) and longitude (73.7888) and elevation
(606 meters)

3)      Selected ‘GIS coordinate system’ as ‘WORLD-MERCATOR(WGS84)

4)      Selected time zone as ‘GMT+5:30 Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi’

5)      Drawing unit ‘Inches’

6)      Selected geo-graphic location in the AutoCAD drawing

7)      Specified the north direction angle. Repeated the above steps to
mark three more geographic locations in the CAD file

8)      Saved the CAD file and converted it into shape file using online
tool ‘https://mygeodata.cloud/conversion’

Link to files :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xylPKQy0uJM3zbcqyxdvdSnxCaFh8lox?usp=share_link

I hope this helps you in analyzing the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards-
Vijay

Hewlett <rob.hewy at gmail.com> wrote:

> It sounds like the lat and longs are being plotted as Web Mercator meters.
>> I could be wrong
>>

>> Is there a .PRJ file?
>>
>> How are you viewing the data:
>> QGIS
>> Open layers
>> Leaflet
>>

>> On Tue, May 9, 2023, 04:55 Vijay Kurhade <vijay.kurhade at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi;
>>>
>>> I have a long pending issue with Shapefile and using proper
>>> Geo-coordinates for it;
>>> i need to place it in Pune, India with actual 4 Geo-Coordinates but
>>> everytime My shapefile gets placed into earth's center mostly Africa.
>>>
>>> What is the solution; How can I ensure the shapefile uses those lat/long
>>> 4 coordinates and is placed on Pune, India in Map rather than somewhere
>>> else?
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance.
>>>
>>> Regards-
>>> Vijay