[gdal-dev] Extracting Jpeg2000 image from nitf file

Tobby Moalem mtobby59 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 23:35:21 PDT 2023

Hi Even,
Thanks for the help.
I was wondering if I could just get this byte range from the file, and save
it as jpeg2000 (with .j2c or something like that) and have a valid jpeg2000?
My goal is to be able to extract the jpeg2000 without using gdal_translate
in order to save time and resources (cpu, ram, ...), as for my
understanding the gdal_translate will always recompress the image.

Thanks,
Tobby