[gdal-dev] Transforming from EPSG:29902 to EPSG:4326 at the limit of the area of use.

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Wed Nov 8 05:47:59 PST 2023

Assuming that it does not happen in the main area of Ireland...I guess it
is because it is outside of the area of usage of the datum transformation
https://epsg.org/transformation_1641/TM65-to-WGS-84-2.html
Probably (this is just a guess) gdalwarp is not taking it into
consideration, making a ballpark transformation between TM65 and WGS84,
while ogr2ogr doesn't.