[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 96: Deferred C++ plugin loading

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 09:22:37 PST 2023

+1 KurtS

One minor comment...

I use pfnOpen in a few of my local fuzzers, but I build statically without
plugins, so I think my use won't be impacted. But even if I am impacted,
that's my problem and not a responsibility of the GDAL project as I'm using
internal GDAL details.

> Another potential issue is that if external code would directly use the
pfnOpen, pfnCreate, pfnCreateCopy, etc. function pointers of a GDALDriver
instance, it would see them null before the actual driver is loading, but
direct access to those function pointers has never been documented (instead
users should use GDALOpen(), GDALCreate(), GDALCreateCopy() etc), and is
not expected to be done by code external to libgdal core.