[gdal-dev] How to determine which creation options are supported by a driver?

Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] jesse.r.meyer at nasa.gov
Thu Nov 30 12:19:04 PST 2023

Hi,

I have gdal 3.8.1 installed via Brew which includes liblerc and zstd as part of their formulae, so I assumed I could use the creation options “COMPRESS=LERC_ZSTD” and “MAX_Z_ERROR=x” as documented on the GTIFF page when creating a new gtif image.

But when I do GDAL states:

“Warning 6: 'LERC_ZSTD' is an unexpected value for COMPRESS creation option of type string-select.
Warning 6: driver GTiff does not support creation option MAX_Z_ERROR”

So I am not sure if this is an issue with the driver itself or with the brew formula.  Please advise,

Thanks,
Jesse