[gdal-dev] format for topology?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 9 13:04:56 PDT 2023

Michael,

you won't find much support for that in GDAL itself. You'd better have a
look at Spatialite topology, PostGIS topology or GRASS topology. The
process is basically: import your geometries as a topology,  do
reprojection or other work in the topology domain, and go back to the
geometry domain.

QGIS has a plugin to work with PostGIS topology:
https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/pgtopoeditor/

(I was involved in discussions yeaaars ago about having GDAL offering a
generic API and translation between all those topology formats but that
never materialized)

Even