[gdal-dev] WMS layer issue at higher zoom level

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:33:24 PDT 2023

If you know the querystring that generated the failure you could run even
more verbose logging on the command line. Something like:

env CPL_DEBUG=ON CPL_TIMESTAMP=ON MS_DEBUGLEVEL=5 MS_ERRORFILE=/dev/stderr
mapserv
QUERY_STRING='SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetMap&FORMAT=image/png&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256&....'

and maybe you could copy the image locally and try something like

gdal_translate -tr 256 256 -projwin ulx uly lrx lry in.tif out.tif

to glean more information.  It's possible the input image (or an overview
within the image) is corrupted in some way.  If it turns out an overview is
corrupted, you could try regenerating it with gdaladdo?

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 10:53 AM Raghav Singh via gdal-dev <
gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> I ran mapserver locally ran the specific wms request locally so getting
> this error - Assertion failed: (MS_RENDERER_RAWDATA(image->format) ||
> (MS_RENDERER_PLUGIN(image->format) && rb)), function msDrawRasterLayerGDAL,
> file mapdrawgdal.c, line 126.
> Abort trap: 6
> Any idea regarding this?
>
> and in logs it's coming like this -
>
> Fri Oct 20 21:56:56 2023].137990 msDrawMap(): rendering using outputformat
> named mypng (AGG/PNG).
>
> [Fri Oct 20 21:56:56 2023].138020 msDrawMap(): WMS/WFS set-up and query,
> 0.000s
>
> [Fri Oct 20 21:56:56 2023].198332
> msDrawRasterLayerLow(PICT-INHEND19-psQwiZ1L4t): entering.
>
> [Fri Oct 20 21:56:58 2023].803667
> msDrawRasterLayerLow(PICT-INHEND19-psQwiZ1L4t): entering.
>
> [Fri Oct 20 22:10:13 2023].219765 drawGDAL() error coming from here:
> Unable to access file. GDALDatasetRasterIO() failed: IReadBlock failed at X
> offset 497, Y offset 740: GDALWMS: Unable to download block 497, 740.

Pete