[gdal-dev] gif gfw and prj

mauge.philippe at free.fr mauge.philippe at free.fr
Tue Oct 31 02:18:49 PDT 2023

Hi,
I have a gif file named img_5120000_244000.gif

with a world file named img_5120000_244000.gfw that contains  :

25.000000
0.000000
0.000000
-25.000000
244000.000000
5120000.000000

and a prj file named a_datum.prj that contains :

Projection     UTM
Datum          WGS84
Zunits         NO
Units          METERS
Zone           32
Xshift         0.000000
Yshift         0.000000
Parameters

The 3 files are in the same folder.

When I open the gif file with GDAL using GDALOpen, GDAL doesn't read
the gfw and the prj files and there is no projection.
Is there a way to say to GDAL to read the gfw and the prj files ?

I have successfully loaded the file with Global Mapper that read the gfw and the prj files.

The gif file can be uploaded at :

https://pasteboard.co/G5tIWsZ8w7AC.gif

If you have any clue, please let me know.

Have a good day

Philippe