[gdal-dev] GDAL Interpolation Help

Scott public at postholer.com
Wed Sep 27 10:54:43 PDT 2023

Averaging rasters is a common task. Often I see developers write many
lines of python to do simple tasks like this. The following GDAL command
should give you the results you're looking for:

gdal_calc.py -A input1.tif -B input2.tif --outfile=result.tif
--calc="(A+B)/2"

The above command was taken directly from the gdal_calc.py man page:
https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_calc.html