[gdal-dev] Spatial references and geometry operations

adamgutonski adamgutonski at protonmail.com
Thu Sep 28 19:31:55 PDT 2023

Hello,

I am using geometry object functions like Buffer and Value. I am wondering if and when it is necessary to assign a spatial reference to an ogr.Geometry before calling these functions? For example if I want to get a point along the line using Value is the output affected by whether or not the ogr line geometry has an assigned spatial reference? Is there a way to tell what geometry functions are affected by this or not?

Thanks,
Adam Gutonski

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.