[gdal-dev] GDAL DATA PATH - test

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 05:26:22 PDT 2024

I have an interesting little problem.

I want to write (in the code using the API - not as a test script -
actually in C#) a command that will fail if the GDAL data path is set
incorrectly.

I am having difficulty finding a command that will fail if the path is
incorrect.

I thought that some of the commands in OSR (like ImportFromPCI ) would fail
since the data files are in the data folder - but when I try that with the
GDAL-DATA configuration item set to a path that does not exists - they do
not fail!

There are a lot of commands out there - and I do not want to have to try
them all. Does anyone have a good idea about what should fail?