[gdal-dev] Merging Multi-Band Drone Imagery

Raley, Nathan nraley at gaig.com
Fri Apr 19 14:52:59 PDT 2024

I have individual TIFS from the different sensors on the drone.  Currently, I have the R, G, NIR, and Redge bands.  Is the correct method to merge these into a multi-band image that I can then view as NDVI or apply other algorithms against just to use:

gdal_merge.py -separate R.TIF G.TIF NIR.TIF RE.TIF -o multispec.tif

I noticed that only the first band is listing as:
Band 1 Block=2580x1 Type=UInt16, ColorInterp=Gray
whereas all the others are listing:
Band 2 Block=2580x1 Type=UInt16, ColorInterp=Undefined

Any attempts to define them as ColorInterp=Gray through gdal_edit fails to yield any results.

I was just wanting to confirm I have the correct workflow here.  I haven't had any luck viewing the multispec.tif within QGIS by applying any RasterCalculations on the bands in the multispec.tif, so I was wanting to confirm I'm not doing anything incorrectly.

I've also attempted to pull out the blue band from the RGB camera, and add that to the multispec.tif as well, after scaling it from the 0-255 to the 0-65535, and that displays the blue band in there.  I can then ColorInterp bands 1, 2, and 3 as red, green, and blue, then it appears to let me specify the 4 and 5 bands as gray, but the colors are way off.

Can anyone offer some assistance?

Thanks,
Nathan

This email transmission, including any attachments, is intended solely for the addressee named above, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy the message and its attachments.